- What to Expect After Installation
- Connecting to Tesla Solar Inverter
- Turning On Your System
- Monitoring Your System
- Understanding System Performance
- Troubleshooting Your System
- Requesting and Scheduling Service
- Removal & Reinstallation
- Transferring Ownership of Your Solar System
- Systems Affected by Natural Disaster or Force Majeure Event
What to Expect After Installation
Following Solar Roof installation, we will work with you and your local city or county to schedule a final inspection. For additional support after inspection, please refer to the Owner's Manual or contact us.
Inspection occurs after your installation has been completed and is typically scheduled out about one to six weeks. If interior access is required, we will coordinate with you accordingly.
You will be contacted ahead of your inspection to confirm the arrival date and time. Inspections typically take about 30 minutes.
Inspection Day Checklist
- Ensure no other contractors or workers are on site during your Solar Roof inspection.
- Provide safe access to your electrical panel.
- Notify us if any work has been done to your home since installing your system.
- If interior access is required, ensure someone 18 years or older will be on site during your inspection.
- Please keep any pets or children away from the inspection area.
Your final payment is due following system inspection.
Refer to your loan documentation for specific payment terms.
Utility Standards and Approval
Once inspection is complete, we will need to receive permission from your utility to operate your system on the grid.
- We will complete and submit the necessary documentation to your utility.
- We will not submit for utility approval until final payment has been made for cash systems.
- Your utility will process the documentation and grant your system permission to operate (PTO) on the grid. Depending on your location, this may take from one to six weeks.
- We will notify you as soon as PTO has been granted and provide instructions for turning on your system to operate on the grid.